OK. So if you have never head of his, or tried this you are in for a seriously delicious surprise. All you need to make the best egg sandwich you have never heard of is four very simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now
How to make the best egg sandwich
So this really is more of an assembly than a recipe it’s that easy. Here is what you need:
- One lemon
- White bread
- Mayonaise (store-bought or homemade is fine)
- Eggs (one egg per sandwich)
Ok. Now here come the instructions. Be warned, you may say “what?!” when I tell you what to do here, but trust me. This egg sandwich is a game-changer. Now onto it:
- Scramble your eggs, however, you normally do this (I am a rustic scrambler (and a midnight rambler…) so I just add a large pat of butter to the pan, crack in the egg, mix with a spatula, add another pat of butter and some salt and pepper.)
- Spread a generous amount of mayonnaise onto both slices of your white bread (un-toasted)
- Slice your lemon (just half it)
- Add eggs to the bread, squeeze lemon onto eggs, and close your sandwich. Cut in half.
- Now, pick up half the sandwich. Take a bite. Say “Oh, whaaaat??” then squirt some more lemon on it and repeat until gone.