This soup is 100% perfect for the current climate for two reasons. One, it is full of comforting flavors like sweet potatoes and those warming spices like nutmeg, chili, cumin, turmeric, and healthful herbs like thyme and garlic. Two, it’s super good for you. This soup is just the thing you need to boost your immune system, reset your insides, and do something healthy for you and yours.
If you are anything like me, the only workout you’ve been getting lately is when you twist the cork out of a wine bottle. This souping reset is just the thing for right now.
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 box or 4 cups stock of choice (veg, bone, chicken)
- 4 small/med sweet potatoes, cubed
- spinach ( can be frozen or a few large handfuls of fresh)
- 2 swirls of the pan olive oil (use a bit more if you need to and things start to stick)
Spices- one sprinkling turn all around the pan
- chili powder
- fresh cracked black pepper
- salt to taste, be generous and use kosher if you can
- add onions, celery, and carrots to a large pot or dutch oven on medium heat. saute' until tender.
- add spices. stir and cook until fragrant
- add sweet potatoes and a little more oil and a bit more salt. Cook for a few minutes
- add garlic, stir until just fragrant (don't burn the garlic. please.)
- add stock
- turn up the heat and bring to a low boil, sir, then reduce it to a simmer. simmer for a half hour-ish or until potatoes are just tender
- stir in spinach and cook until warmed
- spoon into a bowl and eat.